Building for the Future
As Hill approaches its centennial in 2026, a major goal for the school is to ensure that the funding and financial framework is in place for the long term. In doing so, the school’s leadership team and faculty will continue to be able to offer an outstanding academic and co-curricular program and a well-maintained campus. Future families and students and the Middleburg community will experience Hill School at its best.
Hill has five sources of “non-tuition” revenue:
- The Annual Giving Program
- The Auction
- The Major Gifts Program
- Planned Gifts from the 1926 Society
- Income from the Endowment Funds
There are multiple ways to give, and there is an important role for donors at all levels. This annual campaign’s success will depend on the broad-based participation and support of the entire school community.
A successful annual campaign will enable the school to:
- Maintain the excellence of Hill’s academic and co-curricular programs
- Continue a first-rate preventative maintenance program for the buildings, grounds, and faculty houses
- Continue to offer need-based financial aid to 25-30% of Hill’s students
- Moderate tuition increases
- Preserve Hill’s open space campus
- Continue to offer opportunities for the Middleburg community to utilize Hill’s campus facilities